Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Cut-Throat Business - and I don't mean Shechita!

I once saw a neo-nazi website that said we were unethical business people (Never heard that one before!) and said that there are kosher symbols on many consumer products that don't even need it....like toilet cleaner.

Now, my knowledge base of kashrus is pretty limited to edible food items, but what I do know now is that there is incredible naivety in the Jewish world about kosher supervision.

I used to think that kosher supervision organizations were...not for profit institutions for the advancement of kosher products in the market place. Ok, laugh at me...

The truth is, the supervision world is just as cut-throat as any other company vying for marketshare. What does this mean for our average G-d fearing Jew...a zillion supervision companies that say their competitor supervision companies are UNRELIABLE. This is where the holy mixes with the mundane and much like milk and meat, they don't belong together.

If I eat food from the Massachusets Vaad - fondly called KVH - then some people will project opinions about my level observance...why? Because the kosher world is so confused about legitimate kosher observance.

This leads to the recurring theme in my posts...people project a level of observance by the supervision used. It may be justified to some extent if there is a kosher symbol that is universally not accepted with clear and actual proofs - not just "I know a rabbi, who knows a rabbi...blah blah blah..." But because there are corporate agendas behind all these opinions...it is next to impossible to get an objective opinion on kashrus.

Can we start a site dedicated to kashrus, and become the CNET reviews for the kosher world? That way we can have an independant site to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each kosher company. Just an idea...

You have any thoughts?

8 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very unique blog you have! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a symptoms of diabetes site. It covers everything about symptoms of diabetes as well as diabetes care, complications, treatment and insulin. You'll find it very informative. Please visit it.
Rod

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

I knew that "moon-K" was trouble.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jewish Atheist said...

It's not just that they criticise each other, but that they overstep their bounds. In Israel, one of the major kashrut organization refused certification to Pepsi because they had billboards with a woman in a bathing suit. (I guess your blog won't be getting certified kosher either.)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous uncle moishy said...

Is there a problem with the Mass. Vaad?

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Mr. Reflux said...

Who knows...I grew up in Boston and Rhode Island and for some reason some people wouldn't use it for all/some products...

This is exactly the problem. It's unfortunate that when it comes to kashrus orgs, I take half of the opinions with a grain of salt.

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found some search engines.
But i dont understand the type it.

levitra
phentermine
carisoprodol

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best flower for you girlfriend
BEST FLOWER

soma or here phentermine

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

Welcome to our website for scan warcraft gold service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home