Sunday, October 30, 2005

It's just clothing, dammit!

I am not saying black hats are stupid or misplaced in the Orthodox world...but to put things in context, I actually wear a black hat...but I am not being hypocritical. I grew up in a community where black hats etc. were the culture - but that doesn't mean that I believe hats are a holiness barometer.

If I placed any real value in hats, jackets or the "color coordinated" black and white, then I would be compelled to stop wearing my hat etc. My hat is no more appropriate than the sephardic Shabbos robes...

This brings me to my next pet peeve...STATEMENT YARMULKAS!

Whenever I see someone with the "Ani Ohev es Kol Hayehudi" ("I love all Jews") half suade, half s'ruga yarmulka, I want to stab them with bobby pins...

If the person is trying to say that no emphasis should be placed on the yarmulka, then maybe a statement yarmulka brings too much attention to it - Kinda counter-productive.

I think it is similar to my views on some NAACP activities. The black community wants to be treated the same, no emphasis on the color of skin...but it always seem that they muscle there way into the spotlight and try to standout as seperate but equal. If you want equality, then don't put emphasis on the skin color, and try to find ways to be truly equal.

My wife, when she was in nursing school, had an African American classmate who failed a class. What did she do? She had the NAACP send the school administration a warning letter. The school passed her and now if you ever end up in a hospital some day, you might be fortunate enough to get this "high caliber" nurse.

11 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's where to find all the dirt on Scooter Smiling All the Way to the Tank
Weblog of the Week: Office of the Special Counsel, www.usdoj.gov/usao/iln/osc/in dex.html . On the bench Weblog that Lasted About a Week: WithdrawMiers.org, www.with drawmiers.org . Legally speaking ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to construction penndot photo road on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like construction penndot photo road!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka said...

It always cracks me up when I see a Sephardi wearing a black hat. That's how you know the hat has been elevated to a religous garment. What connection does a Jew from Spainish/Arab background have to a hat style worn by Americans during the 1920's?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

The watermellon srugie is my all time worse pet-peeve.

Oh, and welcome to the Blogosphere, Reflux.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd pay good money for an "Ani Sonei Et Koolchem" yarmulke, myself.

Zalmy the Free

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Christina Estenopolis said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in construction. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in construction. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like construction on interest free credit, and you can pay for your construction whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: construction.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Christina Estenopolis said...

Dear fellow blogger,

I perused your post with much interest as I was looking for ways to trade in construction. But unfortunately your post did not exactly cover trading in construction. Yet I have fount a website that allows you to trade in almost anything like construction on interest free credit, and you can pay for your construction whenever you want. Here is the link one more time: construction.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Barry said...

For great prices and those hard to get items just check us out at http://www.bnbshoppersnetwork.com

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at http://www.watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

Watiti.com

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

Welcome to our website for Warhammer powerleveling service.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Redbox.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Killers 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home